L3 Active IQ – Diploma in Personal Training
The Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training combines the L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing and the L3 Certificate in Personal Training in one complete programme of study. The course covers all the elements you will need to progress from entry level to working on a one to one basis with a broad client base, including initial fitness testing, nutritional analysis, initial program design, and long term program management.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology and Principles of Training
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction
- Motivation and Support of Clients
- Health & Safety in the Gym Environment
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Nutrition for Physical Activity & Performance
- Fitness Testing for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Principles of Training for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction in a Variety of Fitness Environments
- Design & Management of Training Programme for a Range of Clients
- Strategies to Maintain Motivation and Promote Long Term Adherence
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with x12 days of traditional tutor led delivery. You will be assessed approximately four weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to submit your case study and undertake a practical assessment.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 2 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 2 Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health Theory Paper
- Practical Assessment (plan, teach, evaluate)
- Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness Environment Worksheet
- Supporting Clients in Exercise & Physical Activity Worksheet
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 3 Nutrition for Physical Activity Theory Paper
- Personal Training and Nutrition for Physical Activity Case Study
- Practical Assessment of an Personal Training Session